Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love Slaves

During our teenage and until early thirties most of us fall in love at least once in our life (I say once because humans are designed to fall in love more than once). In most cases it is infatuation. In infatuation our heart takes precedence than our mind. Most problems that arise in these relationships are due to possessiveness. Love has a great impact on our lifestyle and relationships as dictated by our partner. In this process we tend to lose our good friends, well wishers especially from the opposite sex. We are subjected to prove our love by losing many of our things which we had loved for years.

The purpose of this article is sharing my experience. I was in love with a girl where I had been addicted to call her at least once in every hour, SMS every 30 minutes, meet her daily. Though physically we were not together always, mentally she was always with me. If I don’t get a call or SMS I would not able to concentrate on any of my regular activities. To accommodate her call anytime I used be alone, avoiding my family members and other friends and keep waiting for her calls. Due to her I have lost my other friends of opposite sex in order to build confidence in her. She felt proud when I sacrificed for her.

But one fine day we had a problem and she stopped talking with me, she did not take my calls nor responded to my SMS. I was panicked, restless, unable to eat, sleep and lost interest in anything. Days passed by, I noticed that my effort to reach her were getting decreased as she was always avoiding my calls. I slowly started spending time with my family and my friends. I started realizing that I am now on my own and there was no external factor driving me. I realized what all I have missed just for one girl.

It was after one month she called me up, but now that I have realized the foolishness I had been committing, I was clear enough to say I will be as I am and if she is interested we have a relationship else asked her to find her way.

Now I am happy with my family, friends and no hurdles in my life’s vision and mission.


Guys and Gals even if you are in a relationship, pause for a moment and introspect if you are losing good things in your life just because of someone. Love should always complement to your growth if not that is not the right relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment